To our members,
Here at SALTA, our primary mission is supporting the health and wellness of everyone who is an active member. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made a few changes to our policies and procedures to ensure we do our part in limiting illness and transmission of the virus.
We are using a digital-first approach to promptly assess anyone who is feeling ill. This is the approach recommended by the CDC for medical practices and will help us prevent transmission of the virus to team members. If you call the office, we will ask you several questions about your symptoms and recent travel history. We will arrange for a time to speak with a SALTA provider by phone the same day so that you can discuss your concerns and appropriate treatment of your symptoms.
I want to reassure you we are still here in the office, seeing patients, and providing access to care for all team members. However, in times of a global pandemic, this may look different from your typical doctor’s visit. It may mean that we send people with “colds” home for a few extra days and that we diagnose and treat team members over the phone when possible.
If you have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, please call us or send a MyChartmessage.
What can you do to stay healthy?
– Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
– Avoid close contact with people who are sick, unless you are caring for an ill family member or friend or are in the healthcare profession.
– Stay home when you are sick.
– Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or into our sleeve – not your hands. Throw the tissue in the trash immediately.
– Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Dr. Daniel Seidman